Have you ever stopped to think about why it is so much fun to tease someone about their age? We are all aging with each passing day and one day, God willing we will be old.
Author: Lily Tomlin
A few months ago my oldest sister took great glee in sending me information about vintage Barbie dolls. She did this because my name is Barbara and by coincidence the Barbie doll was released the same year that I was born. My mom made a big deal about this and gave me every Barbie item that was on the market in those days. Now those items are considered to be vintage Barbie dolls. This was a great moment for my older sister because I have harassed her about her age for as long as I can remember.
Author: ~Leslie Grimutter
When my sister sent me the information about the vintage Barbie dolls I decided to dig through my attic to see what I had kept. My mother had moved out of our family home several years ago and we each were given boxes filled with paraphernalia from our years growing up. I had gone through some of the stuff, but most of it I simply stored in the attic for a later date. I found one box marked toys. In it were several stuffed animals that I used to have in my room, various odds and ends and of course my Barbie doll collection along with the accessories. I had two of the dolls that were listed as vintage. They were in very good shape. I decided I would put them on eBay and see if I would get any bids on them. If I make any money I told my older sister I would take her out to dinner, after all now she can order off the senior menu!
Author: Kellian Kennedy
Related articles:
- Raggedy Ann Dolls When I was in seventh grade I met a classmate that is my best friend to this day. Seventh grade is the time when the public elementary school and the parochial schools combine classes as the publi...
- Antique Dolls When I went to the vintage doll show, I was a little bit surprised by the people I met there. You see, antique dolls have been a passion of mine for a long time.Coming from snowman:"It takes a few...
- American Girl Dolls It seems that there are always new have to have toys on the market. Each year especially close to the holidays the media campaign for one toy or another begins in earnest.May our paths always lead...
- Baby Boy Dolls Have you ever stopped to consider the different expectations that we have of men and women when it comes to expectations of parenting?A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all...
- Vintage Clock If you are in the market for a vintage clock you certainly have a lot of options to consider. I recently went on a shopping adventure for one of these timepieces and I found that there were just t...
No comments:
Post a Comment