In recent years, school apparel has been a pretty casual thing. Basically, most communities in America nowadays seem to take it for granted that teenagers will wear what they want to.
Author: John LeCarre
In this climate, people have really started to rethink school apparel. As a matter of fact, this year our school is the first one in the district to use high school uniforms. It started out as an idea in one of the parent council meetings I was attending. It was about a month ago. I commented that when I saw students wearing school spirit gear such as during home-coming week they seemed to be much better behaved. When they dress better, they adjusted their behavior and were more respectful at school.
Author: Unknown
Although most of us consider ourselves pretty progressive people, we wondered if school uniforms wouldn't be a good idea to try out at least for a while. After all, if school apparel is affecting students behavior, it only reasons that students who were dressed in uniforms would behave better. We decided to put the idea to the test.
Let me tell you that shopping for school clothing with my teenage daughter was not much fun for either of us this year. She was furious with me, particularly when I told her that I had been the one to propose the idea of requiring a school uniform. Rather than getting all of the stylish school clothes she usually got, she had to wear exactly the same outfit as everyone else. My daughter likes to express herself through her clothing, so this was a hard pill to swallow. Nevertheless, she got over it pretty quickly.
The final verdict is not in, but so far the effects of school uniforms seem pretty clear. We have had less fights than ever before, and our students don't seem to be skipping class as much either. They find little ways to rebel by customizing their school apparel, but this is not a big deal. The school even seems less clickish than it used to be.
Author: Chinese Proverb
Related articles:
- School And Community Relations I am amazed how much you learn about a community when you move into it. My husband and I had vacationed close to the town that we now live in for years.Though all around is darkness,Earthly joys h...
- Architecture School Architecture school is definitely a strange place. Most of the folks I know at my architect school have some kind of extremely idiosyncratic vision of why they came there in the first place."But I...
- School Essay Nowadays, people are always worrying about school essay writing services online. You see an article about it at least once a week in many papers.Victory is won not in miles, but in inches. Win a l...
- Technical School I never did very well in school when I was growing up. It was difficult for me to pay attention, and I don't really have a mind for literature.Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our l...
- School Bullying Although school bullying has received a lot of attention in recent years, it is not a new problem. As a matter of fact, bullies at school have been terrorizing other children for decades now possi...
No comments:
Post a Comment