With all of the emphasis on the so-called extreme sports, cross country skiing seems to have dropped out of the mainstream in the past few years.
Author: Unknown
I actually got introduced to cross country skis through my father's NordicTrack ski machine. When I was a little kid, I used to always see him in front of the TV, passing mile after imaginary mile with his strange, loping strokes.
Author: Benjamin Franklin
It was easy for me to get started cross country skiing because I was being guided by an expert. If you don't have this luxury, you should start with a pretty conservative trip. Although cross country skiing looks easy, it is not! After just a few strides, you start to feel it. It is even harder than running, and unlike a running you are in a potentially hostile environment. If you get tired or hurt, You might be stranded in bad weather in an unfamiliar place. That is why your first cross country ski trips should be easy, and take place in flat, local terrain. That way, if anything goes wrong you can get to safety without too much trouble. Other than that, the only thing to remember is to have fun!
Author: - Anonymous.
Related articles:
- Cross Country Travel The family that I grew up in was not very adventurous. We lived on a dairy farm, which meant every morning and evening the cows needed to be milked.The best and most beautiful things cannot be see...
- New England Skiing New England SkiingThe eastern part of the USA is fortunate in having so many ski resorts to choose from. New England skiing offers state of the art facilities for families, beginners and experts a...
- Water Skiing Although I have tried a lot of different water sports, I will always have a special fondness for my first. When I was 15, I went out water skiing for the first time.I'm not a failure!!! BOO-YEAH!!...
- Country Style Curtains Country style curtains are the ideal choice for many homes. This classic look is welcoming and warm and your guests will feel right at home when surrounded by this decorating element.The right roa...
- Alpine Skiing Alpine SkiingWatching downhill skiers on TV gives the impression that it's easy. They make it look so effortless, unless they take a tumble of course.A smile is a light in the window...which shows...
No comments:
Post a Comment