Brake Pads
I have found that if you can count on one thing going wrong before you go on a trip, you can count on your brake pads squealing in protest.
Author: unknown
I remember one trip to Connecticut for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons was that one of my new brake pads snapped off halfway there. I didnt know it because I was on the highway, but the problem became apparent when I got to my destination and had to start using my brakes. I had just put on brake pads a few weeks before and I was sure I was ok to drive the six hours there and the six hours back without having any problems.
When I pulled onto the off ramp and came to a stop at a light, I heard an unearthly crunching sound.
Author: Owen Wilson in The Wedding Crashers
As it turned out, the brake pads I had installed on my car were not as new as I thought they were. They didnt have a chance to wear down, they just snapped off. They must have been old brake pads that had been sitting around for too long, though Im not really sure why it happened. I havent had the same problem since. I do know that riding home from Connecticut I was ok. Had it not been highway for most of the trip I would have had to get them fixed there. They still worked, but it was a sound that signaled if I didnt get them fixed soon I would be facing a huge repair bill. I made sure I found a new garage so hopefully I wouldnt be sold old brake pads ever again.
Author: Abraham Lincoln
Related articles:
- Mattress Pads Mattress PadsMany times when you think of mattress pads, you probably think of something that was on your that when you were a child.Baby,I quote myself everyday,and I'm loving it!Author: MizzButy...
- Foam Mattress Pads Getting a good nights sleep is something that seems to elude a good number of people. In some cases, the culprit is stress or just not having enough hours in the day for work, family and eight hou...
- Cervical Cancer Cervical CancerI have seen a lot of ads on TV lately saying that cervical cancer is often preventable. Isnt that amazing? Though there are things you can do to prevent other types of cancer, there...
- Perfume Samples perfume samplesYou might think that perfume samples are kind of annoying, and if you are reading though a magazine, you might notice that they can give you a headache.The mountains are calling and...
- First Aid Kit first aid kitThere are many things that can go wrong, and if you are lucky, many of those things will be minor. The best thing you can have in your home for these times are emergency supplies, and...
No comments:
Post a Comment