Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am definitely someone who does not stand on ceremony. I pride myself on being honest, straightforward, and direct, for better or for worse.
Author: Henrey G.
My original plan had been to use do it yourself wedding invitations. I had figured that I could make my own quirky, handmade wedding party invitations with a personalized message for each person. I thought it was a pretty good idea, and to my surprise, so did the relatives I talked to. My mother was all for it, as was my mother-in-law.
Author: ?
Nonetheless, I wanted to be involved in planning them out and designing them. I looked at several wedding invitations samples on the Internet to get some clue. Most of them were not very good. I think people are way too sentimental with their invitations for a wedding in general. They use fancy, embossed printing, tacky gold foil the works. I didn't want my wedding invites to look like that, but I didn't want them to look cheap and shabby either. I wanted down to earth, attractive, but simple wedding invitations.
Finally, I did the sensible thing that I should have done all along. I went to a wedding invitation printer. I was trying too hard to be unconventional, when I could have saved a lot of time going conventional and moved on to something that I cared about. I picked out some tasteful wedding invitations, sent them out, and was done with it. It is really much easier than I had been making it. I did learn something from all of this, however. I learned that I did care about matters of taste and wedding etiquette.
Author: -- John Wesley
Related articles:
- Wedding Shower Invitations The maid (or matron) of honor has a lot of responsibilities. One of the most important things that this attendant does is to help organize the bridal shower.Home Logout My Library Articles · Tips...
- Wedding Decorating I was among the last of my group of friends to get married, so I had a chance to see how they dealt with wedding planning. They did not make it look appealing!"The sun with all those planets revol...
- Wedding Checklist wedding checklistI know that when I was getting married, the wedding checklist that I got with my planner was not enough, and I had to find one online.A smile so sweet is simply irresistible. But...
- Wedding Bridal Gowns The very fact that people regularly pass on wedding bridal gowns to the next generation tells you something about the tradition of weddings in our culture.A smile is an inexpensive way to change y...
- Catholic Wedding catholic weddingI am not catholic, but I know many people who follow the rules of this religion very carefully. I admire their dedication, and I think they are wonderful people because of it.The s...
No comments:
Post a Comment