Monday, July 2, 2012

Throw Pillows

Throw Pillows

I love the look of throw pillows, but for some reason I dont own any. I had some a long time ago, but they were ones that my mother had given me and they didnt exactly go with anything in my living room.

A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.
Author: Author Unknown
I often look through the display at my local store, but I never end up buying. Im not sure why this is. I guess when I look at the price I cringe. There are some really great throw pillows out there, but I cannot seem to find the courage to dump twenty dollars on one.

The worst thing about expensive throw pillows is that you usually need more than one. For the look I want, I need to buy at last six or eight of them. That is an investment of over a hundred dollars for a few pillows. That is not exactly in my budget right now. I could buy less expensive throw pillows, but I have yet to find any that I want in my home for a price I can live with. There are other ways to get throw pillows, but you need a sewing machine and a little more talent than I have.

A woman is as old as she looks before breakfast.
Author: Edgar Watson Howe

You can make your own if you love to sew. You dont have to be an expert seamstress to pull it off, but you do have to be able to sew a straight line. Throw pillows are easy enough to sew if you want a simple square pillow for your couch. All you have to do is buy the fabric you like, sew the squares, and then make sure you stuff them evenly. If you want throw pillows with more design, you shouldnt attempt them on your own unless you know what you are doing.

If you want throw pillows, but dont want to pay a high price for decent ones, you can wait around for special sales. There are times when these go on sale, but I dont remember seeing this lately. You can also shop in discount stores like TJ Maxx for great deals on clearance items, but you do have to check them over to make sure they do not have any noticeable defects. Remember to choose your throw pillows carefully. You may see some that you love, but you wont love them if they dont match your dr. The same goes for the ones you might buy for your bedroom.

A place for everything and everything in it's place.
Author: Unknown

Related articles:

  • How To Make A Decision One skill that is necessary for success in life is decisiveness. Many of us dont really know how to make a decision on our feet.If you don't believe, you don't receive.Author: Unknown We tend to s...

  • Dermatologist Skin Care We all want to look amazing. And I do mean AMAZING. Let's face it; no one wants to look «okay» or ordinary. It's just not enough.A friend...... You can lean on em!Author: Unknown Humans have too s...

  • Party Accessories Party AccessoriesWhen youre throwing a party, you want to make the best impression that you can. You may not have to go all out for your close friends, but many people like to do this anyway.God,...

  • Insurance Agents Insurance AgentsSome people put up with insurance agents who are never there when they need them, always seem to give vague answers, and try to push insurance that they dont need.Sometimes the mos...

  • Baby Skincare Baby skincare isnt as simple as many think. It isnt very complex, either. You can make sound decisions about your little ones bathing and moisturizing routine if you make some considerations about...

No comments:

Post a Comment