The Dollhouse
When I was a young girl, there was something that I got one year for Christmas that I treasured for years until it was lost one day in a fire.
Author: Dr. Seuss
The dollhouse had three stories and was about three feet wide. I cant imagine how long it took him to make it, and looking back, I am touched at the amount of time it must have took him to get it just right. Besides building the dollhouse, he had painted the interior and exterior, and had also put in carpeting. He left some of the design to me, but for the most part, it was ready to play with when I got it.
Author: Unless by Carol Shields
The dollhouse lost its appeal as I grew older, but I still never wanted to part with it. I didnt play with it as much as I once did, but I kept it in my room. At times it was where I put stuff I couldnt find a place for, but for the most part, it did remain much like it was when I first got it. Once when we moved when I was a teenager, I found that I didnt have room for the dollhouse in my new bedroom. This meant I had to put it into storage. It was put into an old house on my grandparents property as was there when I went off to college.
Then something happened that took the dollhouse from my life once and for all. There was a fire in that small house where my house was stored and it was lost forever. I was distraught as it was something I wanted to pass down to my own daughter one day, if I had one. My dad told me to not take it too hard, because he remembered what the dollhouse looked like, and he wouldnt mind building another one some day in the future if I wanted one for my children. Ten years have passed since then, but I remember his offer. Im hoping he can recreate the dollhouse for my daughter for her sixth birthday next year.
Author: Unknown
Related articles:
- Electrical Transformer Electrical TransformerThough I dont know much about electricity, I know I like to have it. I know how to use it in my home, and I have a vague idea of how it gets from one place to another but tha...
- Chemistry Set Chemistry SetWhen I was a little girl I always wanted a chemistry set. I never got one, so when I got to high school I was eager to take Chemistry as a class.No friendship can cross the path of ou...
- Medical School medical schoolI always thought that medical school was something that took seven years to complete. I thought that seven years went above and beyond regular college, but I guess I am wrong about t...
- Hair Spray hair sprayI was a teenager in the 1980s, and I dont think I knew anyone at that time that did not use hair spray. The hair styles back then were big, though I think I would have used it anyway tha...
- Goals To Achieve goals to achieveOne thing that was drilled into my head in school was that every person needs goals to achieve. Though I understood this, I didnt understand why they had to be so precise.A bad day...
No comments:
Post a Comment