I remember my high school talent show like it was yesterday. I was scared stiff. Although I had some talent, I had never performed before.
Author: unknown
That is why I have done so much to try to convince my daughter to enter the childrens talent show. While I was a nervous, awkward kid, she is a veritable social butterfly. I know that underneath her bravado and apparent self-confidence lie deep insecurities, but nonetheless that bravado can get her places.
Author: Martin Peterson
This is why I have been booking a show for her to show her how good she is. Of course, it is not a real show. Instead, it is an opportunity to perform in front of her family at one of our get-togethers. She loves doing this, and I'm quite sure that she will be happy to do it. The difference is that instead of informally getting up in front of everyone, She will be standing up on a makeshift stage. This will help her see a little but more of what it is like to participate in real talent shows or a casting call. It might seem like a trivial distinction, but to her the stage is scary. Having a stage in front of her family, however, will seem like just a game to her. After she gets up and performs her routine in front of us, I am hoping that she has the confidence to try out for the school talent show.
Author: Mark Twain
Related articles:
- Trade Show Display Any company, school or agency that has ever tried to get some focused attention from an audience can benefit from entering a trade show.a dream come trueAuthor: Unknown These events serve to bring...
- Boat Show When I was a kid, I used to love going to the Detroit boat show. My dad was an avid boater, and so was I. He was an incredible workaholic, but boating was the one thing that he would take time off...
- Arm Chairs arm chairsOne staple of comfortable living is having comfortable things in the home. The living or family room is where most people like to relax and to enjoy the company of guests, and this means...
- Family Relationships family relationshipsI dont know what happened, but many of the family relationships that I used to rely on seem to be strained or non-existent....My spirit has awakened to the need to make my life...
- School Musicals I teach drama in a pretty conservative district, so it is often hard to get sufficient funding or resources, not to mention community support.Never say never, for never is for a really long time.A...
No comments:
Post a Comment