When I was a kid, my parents completely neglected to get me swim lessons. I wouldn't say that they were bad parents. In most respects, they were outstanding ones, as a matter of fact.
Author: Albert Einstein
By then, the damage was done. I was terrified of the water. I couldn't figure out how anyone could swim. I didn't want to go, and I would make up any excuse to avoid outings to the beach. Adult swim lessons, after all, seemed so demeaning to me. When every 13-year-old that I had ever met knew how to swim, I didn't want to be just beginning to.
Finally, a friend bought me YMCA swim lessons for my birthday. I Was actually a little bit irritated about the swimming classes. I had no desire to take swim lessons, and I thought that it was a bit manipulative to get me a birthday present that I had no intention to use.
Author: Mahatma Gandhi
To tell the truth, I had actually been secretly thinking about swim lessons for a while at that point. Although I didn't consciously wants to, I did watch swim videos whenever I had the chance. Some of these were even swim DVDs that claimed that they would be able to teach you how to swim like a pro. Needless to say, I never actually tried them. Taking swim lessons off of a tape would have been a dangerous choice. With no one to correct you or rescue you if you got into trouble, how could you keep yourself safe?
In the end, the swim lessons were a success. Although it took me a few months much longer than many of the other students soon I was out of the beginning class and into an intermediate swimming class. Advanced swim classes followed, and soon I was on a recreational amateur swimming team. Although it is too bad that I never got swimming lessons when I was a kid, I am glad that I finally learned how to swim. I didn't know what I was missing out on all of those years!
Author: Lois McMaster Bujold
Related articles:
- Sunday School Lessons sunday school lessonsI have been talking with a friend of mine about her doomed marriage and how invasive her church seems to be in her life.Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a s...
- Sunday School Lessons Have you ever stopped to think how small the world is getting? There are so many technical advancements that have helped shrink the size of the world.Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone s...
- List Of Universities I envy people who have parents who take an active role in their education. My parents did no such thing. It is not that they didn't want me to go ahead and attend college.Diversity~"Our Flag is re...
- Fruit And Vegetable For those of us who try to live a healthy life, it is frustrating how frequently the science changes. One minute, any form of alcohol is bad for your health and the next minute, wine is good for y...
- Boxing Equipment When I was a kid, I Started in amateur boxing league with some of my friends. The boxing equipment was an easy matter. All the boxing gear that we would need, basically, was our fists.Cleaning you...
No comments:
Post a Comment