Single parent Groups
I had no idea how hard it was to be a single parent, until I got a rather nasty e-mail from someone about an article I had written.
Author: Unknown
Though the e-mail was nasty, I believe the nastiness was not directed entirely at me. She informed me that there could be single parent groups all over the world, but they would never help her.
Author: John Barrymore
I had never known that single parent groups existed. A few of these people told me that they would not know what to do had they not had the support from these types of people. Single parent groups are often formed by single parents, and are exclusively there for those who do not have a partner to help them raising their children. They offer ideas, suggestions, and support for single parents when they needed the most. I felt that this was a fascinating idea, and included this information, along with a web address to a popular support group web page. This apparently, was not enough for the woman sending me this e-mail.
Though I deleted the e-mail after I read it, I still remember it quite well. She did not find support in any single parent groups, and it made me wonder if there were others out there like her who were struggling through life and resisting any help that was offered. While I still cant say I understand what it is like to be a single parent, I do understand the frustrations of parenting when one spouse seems to missing all the time. Yes, I know this is nowhere near the same, but it gives me a little idea of what it must be like. She may not have wanted to join single parent groups, but I know there are many out there who benefit greatly from these types of things. I dont know who she was or where she is in her life now, but I hope she is doing much better now.
Author: Plutarch
Related articles:
- Single Parent Benefit Life can be hard when you're balancing several acts at once. You might notice this as early as high school. Maybe you're striving to get good grades and training daily for a sport as well.A mighty...
- Fathers Support Groups fathers support groupsMany dont think about single fathers as much as they do single moms, but they have a place in the world, and they need support just as much as the moms do....the most valuabl...
- Single Fathers single fathersThere is a sector of our society that is often overlooked. Though people are more and more aware of single moms and what they have to go through, there are many single fathers out th...
- Single Fathers People are always talking about the plight of single mothers raising kids, but single fathers have it every bit as tough, if not tougher.Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.Author: Unknown...
- Foster Parent Despite all the foster care training that I got, being a foster parent was something I was wholly unprepared for. I have always considered myself a very kind and nurturing person, and the only rea...
No comments:
Post a Comment