From preschool through college, public education is at the center of a tremendous controversy now. Public school education has never been under attack before, but that is just what certain radical elements of the right wing are doing.
Author: Forest Witcraft
Anyone who has ever worked for the public Department of Education, or who has done any research about it knows that there are problems.
Author: Genie aka pookabot
Of course, there are many different ways to help out with the education public. One of the best ways is to become a teacher or a tutor, particularly if you can work in a low income or at risk population. Public education is more in need of great young people to take up the torch than ever before. Although it is not a great time to be a teacher with cutbacks and job insecurities mounting, it is still one of the best jobs to hold if you really want to make a difference in people's lives. Public education will be effected primarily by three groups: the teachers, the parents, and the politicians. If you are a parent, participate in the public school board elections and parent teacher association. If you are a politician, study education and be responsive to the issues that students face every day. And if you are a teacher, just by doing your work you are making a difference in the lives of students in the public schools system.
Author: Forest Witcraft
Related articles:
- Public Schools With all of the grief the public schools get, some of them actually do pretty well. I am the product of a public school education, and I feel there's no shame in that.A tree is known by its fruit,...
- Distance Education School My college experience in many ways was pretty typical of an undergraduate education. It's true that I went to one of the top universities, but it wasn't so different from any other school.May the...
- Public Speaking Phobia There was this one time at band camp when I had to give this speech, but I wet my pants just before I stepped on stage. Uh, not really.Come to the edge he said. They said We are afraid. Come to th...
- Certified Public Accountant It is amazing to me how time flies by. It seems like it was only yesterday when I was graduating from high school and starting college.Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the t...
- Texas Education The hardest thing about having a Texas education is having people always make the same joke. I couldn't tell you how many times I have heard some yahoo say Texas education?"A girl should be two th...
No comments:
Post a Comment