I felt that I knew the principles of advertising pretty well, but I knew that my lack of education in the field was holding me back.
Author: Helen Keller
It may not seem like it from an outsiders view, but marketing strategy is one of the most difficult and inexhaustible subjects to learn.
Author: Paul Simon
Because of this, the principles of marketing encompass almost everything in the social sciences and humanities. We need to understand how people's fears, desires, and passions are created, how to influence them, and how to ultimately channel them towards the products that we sell. This is what makes marketing and advertising such a fascinating area. You get to take classes in psychology, anthropology, sociology, and statistics. Basically, anything that you learn about the way that humans live and interact can be helpful in mastering the principles of marketing. Nothing lies outside of it.
The initial principles of marketing textbook was pretty basic, but soon things get more complicated. If there is one thing I did not expect my marketing degree to be, it was challenging, but soon I was sincerely challenged by the courses that I was taking. I view this as a good thing because it allowed me to develop my brain power to the fullest. Marketing is definitely an area where intelligence is useful.
Author: ~Christopher Morley
Related articles:
- Market Research Marketing When I first became involved in marketing and advertising, everything we did was based on wit and style. Basically, the goal was to come up with the catchiest, most contagious slogans that we coul...
- Sports Marketing Growing up in New York, I never thought about marketing in sports. Everyone there was either a Yankees fan or a Mets fan. You always loved one and hated the other, and so did your entire family.TE...
- Web Marketing When most people think about web marketing, they usually imagine big commercial enterprises. Perhaps their first association is SEO optimization, e-mail marketing software, or web banners.A smile...
- Bicycle Manufacturer When I was a kid, bicycle accessories were a simple matter. I would stick cards in the spokes to make it click as they went around, buy new lights that shined brighter, or paint the bike in a vari...
- Activated Carbon Filters As a scientist, I know that small changes can make big differences in the long run. Applying this knowledge to my own life, however, does not always come quite as easily.The indispensable first st...
No comments:
Post a Comment