Most parents want their child to get the best education available. Unfortunately this is often not feasible due to where they reside.
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Author: Anonymous
Recently I have been pondering a move back to my home town. Each time I revisit it, I'm overwhelmed with memories and good times. I'm sure many people can relate to that. However, I'm not thrilled about how many more people have moved into the area. I think everyone can relate to that as well. We hate to see our hometowns get over-crowded. On top of that, the cost of living in Chapel Hill is quite high. And then there is the school situation. My mother encourages me not to move back there because of the North Carolina school systems. Not only are they over-crowded, but she says they're constantly mentioning problems with them on the local news. This certainly puts a damper on things. Oh, did I mention I have a seven year old daughter? That would be my reason for caring so much about the school systems.
One thing that's funny about North Carolina, which I've seen virtually all of by the way, is the fact that their colleges are great. North Carolina school systems may not be stellar on a national scale, but Universities like UNC, NC State and Duke are all well known and highly respected. So if you're headed to college, North Carolina is a place to consider. But do your children a favor and avoid the headache of North Carolina school systems. There are plenty of other areas.
Author: madhumsr
Related articles:
- Raleigh North Carolina You encounter a few of those places in life that really surprise you. Maybe it's a large city or a simple, quaint town that snags your attention.A joyful heart makes a cheerful face.Author: Prover...
- North Carolina Beaches One thing I've learned in life is that all states are not created equal. I've been to at least a dozen on random vacations and lived in four so far.When God wants to do an impossible task, He take...
- Greensboro North Carolina Greensboro North CarolinaThe cosmopolitan and cultured county seat of Guilford County is Greensboro North Carolina, a city of green spaces and arts centers.If a man hasn't discovered something tha...
- Seminary School I did not set out to go to seminary school. As a matter of fact, anyone who knows me would realize that divinity school was farthest from my mind when I was going off to college.Everyone ought to...
- School Ranking If there's one thing we have to pay close attention to as parents, it's our children's education. All public schools are not the same.A man can have no greater strength than to know his mother, hi...
No comments:
Post a Comment