Monday, July 2, 2012

March Of The Penguins

Ever since I was a little girl, the penguin has been a source of amazement for me. The awe actually began when I realized that this creature is a bird.

A friend is someone who chooses you - out of a whole world of people.
Author: Unknown
I remember exclaiming, Theyre covered in feathers! There is little surprise that March of the Penguins has made the list of my all-time favorite movies.

The movie follows the real life experiences of a colony of penguins in their natural habitat. The March of the Penguins is filmed in the Antarctic and concerns the emperor breed of this bird. What is so appealing about the movie is that it is as real as it gets. This rare experience is a must for any bird-lover.

Actually, I didnt even know that the penguin was a bird until I was well into my childhood. Movies like March of the Penguins werent available to help us learn about these creatures. I always thought that the animal was an animal with smooth, rubbery skin like a walrus. It just doesnt look like these birds are covered in feathers.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Author: 1 Corinthinas 13:4-8

I was also surprised to discover that the bird lives in all different climates. I thought that they lived solely in blustery cold areas of the world. March of the Penguins focuses on the birds that live in the Antarctic instead of those who live in warmer climates. This is an excellent choice because the viewers gain a new appreciation for this durable little bird.

The characters in March of the Penguins make the movie so very interesting. The birds have no lines and, of course, they are not actors. However, they are very human in a way that I cant describe. You really lose sight that the creatures depicted in March of the Penguins are just birds. They act and even move like people in a way.

We all know that the Antarctic is no place for a vacation and some might wonder why anyone would create a film that required a years worth of dedication to complete. March of the Penguins is a true labor of love. Those who created this magnificent film are determined to teach us about these amazing birds.

The narrator, Morgan Freeman is among my favorite actors. The sound of his voice is warm and comforting in contrast to the harsh conditions of the Antarctic. The combination of dedication and talent make the March of the Penguins movie a must for families.

It is better to give someone a piece of your heart than a piece of your mind
Author: Pastor Bob

Related articles:

  • March Of The Penguins March of the PenguinsThe unexpected hit of 2005 was the big screen nature documentary, March of the Penguins. Not many features of this sort get a theatrical release at all and its popularity with...

  • Lord Of The Rings Weapons There are plenty of movie fanatics walking this planet. And you want to know what they go the most nuts over? I'll go ahead and tell you whether you care or not. "Star Wars, " "Lord of the Rings,...

  • Plastic Picture Frames Plastic Picture FramesThere has always been something about glass that I like. Perhaps its just a huge coincidence, and I live near the Corning Museum of Glass.Things Will Come If You Just Believe...

  • Bird Baths bird bathsThere are many great things that can liven up the backyard, and some love to have things just to draw in birds. My mother has a large collection of bird feeders, and special feeders made...

  • Online Greeting Cards I had always thought that online greeting cards were kind of stupid until I got one myself. I couldn't really stand the thought of an online greeting card, in fact.Grant me the ability to be alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment