About a month ago, I received some handmade soap as a present. At first, I was a little bit disappointed. For me, receiving hand made soap was about on the level of receiving socks.
Author: John Sterling
But I was so impressed by this handmade soap that I realized that I had to make my own. I looked at handmade soap recipes on the Internet, and I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently it is rather easy to make handmade soaps. You only need a few simple ingredients, and you can make one by yourself. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get it right. Soaps are usually either too abrasive or too oily.
Author: Unknown
Now there are two important things about handmade soaps. One of them is the soap itself. As I mentioned, you must strike the right balance between oily and abrasive. But there is much more to handmade soap than that. You have to get the right essential oils. You have to give handmade soap a personal touch. Otherwise, you might as well buy a commercially made soap at the drug store. Finding the right oils and fragrances is much more difficult than it might look. Of course, you can buy essential oil for your handmade soaps from one of many supply stores. The real hard-core soap makers, however, do it themselves. They extract oil from flowers, herbs, and even various foods. oatmeal, for example, is one of the most popular additives to handmade soap.
Basically, making handmade soap is a labor of love. Although every once in awhile people get rich off of it, it is a rare thing indeed. Most people who set off to do that never make any money. I have been selling my handmade soaps at various arts and craft fairs, but haven't really gotten anywhere with it. Nevertheless, I make enough money to support my hobby. That is the most important thing.
Author: "I Sing For You" from the movie "Camp!"
Related articles:
- Homemade Soap Recipes Sensitive skin is an issue many of us have to deal with on a daily and on-going basis. Trying to find the right cleansers and lotions that dont irritate the skin can be a challenge.Why can't every...
- Greeting Card Handmade If you have ever gotten a greeting card handmade from a child, you know how pleasant and touching and experience it can be. Children have this in innocence, this wonderful affection to them that p...
- Handmade Greeting Cards There are many things that we can do to make special days celebrations for those that we care about. My favorite thing to do is to try to make an ordinary day special by doing some random act of k...
- Handmade Greeting Cards If youve been to the store recently to purchase a greeting card for someone, you know that the selection seems endless. It would appear once you see all the cards on display that finding a perfect...
- Bicycle Manufacturer When I was a kid, bicycle accessories were a simple matter. I would stick cards in the spokes to make it click as they went around, buy new lights that shined brighter, or paint the bike in a vari...
No comments:
Post a Comment