Had I not had a classic language background to begin with, I never would have decided to try to learn French language online.
Author: from Remember the Titans
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
When I signed up for my French online course, I thought that I would be able to benefit from the classical approach to the language. Conversation requires a partner, but studying grammar and vocabulary can be done on your own. What I didn't realize about online French was that it strives to emulate the classroom environment. I thought I was just taking French online as a way to begin to learn this fascinating language without devoting too much time to it. Little did I realize that it was actually part of an online degree program. Getting an online degree in a foreign language is a joke! In order to make up for the lack of person-to-person communication, they would give us recorded sentences to practice, spoken vocabulary tests, and the like. Grammar was so completely neglected that I was never quite sure if I was saying things correctly. They seemed to be more concerned with my pronunciation than with my ability to correctly construct sentences.
I am not saying that there is no point in learning French online, but you have to put it into perspective. There are certain things that you can learn through solo study and certain things that you can't. If you want to improve your spoken comprehension, listen to French radio online in addition to studying grammar. I still believe that a firm understanding of grammar is the most basic and essential ingredient to learning a new language. If your French online program does not have this, go out and find one that does!
Author: Unknown
Related articles:
- Online For Kids online for kidsYoung children live in a world that has always had the Internet. It is an interesting comparison to how I grew up.Feeling fat last nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts fo...
- Online Course We hate to listen to our parents when they rant on and on about college. Yeah, yeah; we know the spiel about how a higher education leads to a promising future.A good partner is someone who listen...
- Online Security online securityOne of the most important things about online security is having a good password, but many think the password is not as important as it really is.One thing about being born with bea...
- Online Class For many of us, once we graduate from high school, we're done. Or at least that's what we think at the time. The notion of going to a whole new school for another four years or more, and tackling...
- Online Bachelors Degree The academic career you've grown to love so dearly throughout grade school, middle school and high school isn't over just yet.Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caughtAuthor: unknown No...
No comments:
Post a Comment