Despite all the foster care training that I got, being a foster parent was something I was wholly unprepared for. I have always considered myself a very kind and nurturing person, and the only reason I didn't have children is because of the fact that I didn't think the human race needed more people right now.
Author: neil gaiman From the Sandman
Don't get me wrong being a foster parent has in many ways been extremely rewarding.
Author: Kathy
It was this deplorable fact that made me think of foster parent adoption as a real possibility. I had never been motivated to adopt a child before, because I wasn't sure that I wanted the permanent commitment. I feel that parenting is a decision that should be made carefully. If you are not completely sure that you can be there for a child for 18 years, you shouldn't do it. However, once I spent some time with as a foster parent, I realized that I wanted to adopt. I loved the foster children too much to let them stay on in the system any longer.
All in all, I am glad that I decided to become a foster parent. Not only do I have a wonderful son and daughter now, but I was able to make the difference in the lives of many other children. Without foster parenting, I never would have realized that I was ready to have a kid of my own.
Author: Rita
Related articles:
- Single Parent Benefit Life can be hard when you're balancing several acts at once. You might notice this as early as high school. Maybe you're striving to get good grades and training daily for a sport as well.A mighty...
- Single Parent Groups Single parent GroupsI had no idea how hard it was to be a single parent, until I got a rather nasty e-mail from someone about an article I had written.Love is to the heart what the summer is to th...
- Parents Advice parents adviceMost new parents feel a little scared when they take their baby home for the first time. Women read books before they give birth to help them with things they know nothing about.Natu...
- Children Waiting For Adoption I have to be frank about something. When it comes to pregnancy, I'm a bit sensitive to the topic. I just can't fathom why there are so many unwanted pregnancies every year.There is no remedy for l...
- California Summer Camps When school ends each year many parents face the daunting task of trying to find something to fill their childrens days. If you live on the west coast you may want to consider sending your childre...
No comments:
Post a Comment