No normal person wants trouble, but sometimes trouble will find you no matter what you do. You can carry pepper spray or mace, learn self-defense training, or stay out of dangerous areas, but you still may be in danger.
Author: John Muir
I first started carrying a concealed weapon about three years ago. A California concealed weapons permit was a little bit hard to come by in those days, but I was willing to go through all of the training to do it. I took a gun safety course, submitted to an extensive criminal check, had my fingerprints taken and my friend's questioned, and finally got my concealed weapon permit.
Author: Jerry Gillies
Just six months after I got the concealed weapon permit, I was threatened by some menacing youths. Although they later denied it, I could tell that they were following me. They were right behind me, and they went the same way that I did for several blocks. If I had not pulled out my concealed firearm and pointed it at them, I do not know what might have happened. I could have been shot or beaten for all I know.
The problem with carrying a concealed weapon is that you have to be willing to use it. I heard somewhere that for every two people who successfully use a gun to defend themselves, three others have the gun taken away and turned against them. With a concealed weapon, you may be in even greater danger than with guns in your own home. After all, if you are assaulted unexpectedly, you may not have time to grab it before it is too late. Once a criminal finds out that you have a concealed weapon, it will turn a bad situation worse. They are likely to shoot you for even being willing to defend yourself. That is why you have to get them first. Carrying a concealed weapon demand constant vigilance, but it is worth it. That is the price of freedom.
Author: Maria Schembri
Related articles:
- Achieve Your Goals Achieve your goalsMany people have been told along lifes path that they can be anything they want to be and achieve any dream or goal they may have.Plant a seed of friendship- reap a bouquet of ha...
- Science Experiment science experimentThough I was never good in math at school, I loved almost all of the rest of my classes. I was always excited when we had a science experiment to do in school, even though I coul...
- Interactive Globe Children learn so much more from us, than they do in a classroom. Have you ever thought about this? I have, and I totally believe it's true.Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives who...
- Reading Comprehension Reading ComprehensionThough reading is one of the most important skills that you need in your life, it is just as important that you understand what you are reading.Don't regret your past..It has...
- Hair Regrowth Treatment On the contrary to what many individuals say or how they act around others, losing the dew can be a serious issue. It affects self-confidence levels and proves to be quite an emotional roller-coas...
No comments:
Post a Comment