Monday, July 2, 2012

Chewing Gum Removal

Chewing gum removal is a chore that is the stuff of nightmares. Being a former teacher and a mother of four gum-chewing boys, I can certainly tell you that there is no easy way to remove gum from carpets, furniture or just about any other surface that you face.

Once we are no longer affraid do we begin to live
Author: unknown
This is especially true if the surface is porous.

You may be tempted to spend hours and hours looking for a home remedy chewing gum removal but I can tell you that there is no quick fix. The only way I have ever effectively gotten rid of this kind of sticky mess without some professional grade product to help me along.

And Ive tried it all. My kids got a bunch of the sticky candy intertwined within the fabric of my rug. There was little I could do in this home chewing gum removal project short of cutting the stuff out and that wouldnt be good for anyone. My options were pretty vast, too.

The first thing I tried was ice cubes. Sure, this worked for the surface stuff that really didnt dig into the fabric of the rug.

A house is not a home until you can write, "I love you" in thedust on the furniture.
Author: Unknown
But when I got down to the nitty-gritty, I was at a loss. Nothing worked for the really tough sticky stuff caught up in the fibers of my beautiful rug.

I thought that I was going to have to get the scissors out. There was just no other way to handle this chewing gum removal task. I started to lament at my loss and began looking at throw rugs to cover the awful, sticky mess that has set up camp in my poor, poor rug. The whole thing was pretty depressing.

Good thing I kept the scissors at bay and decided to check out my options online. I came across a product that is specially designed for chewing gum removal. I almost wept at the sight of it. Actually, I did get a little teary. My tears were mixed with relief and a fear of disappointment.

Well, I most certainly wasnt disappointed in the chewing gum removal product. My rug looks as good as new and you cant tell that anything had even happened at all. Now I am on my way to my former school to share the good news with the administration. Im sure that they will be pleased to discover that there is a commercial grade chewing gum removal product that can take the place of the traditional methods.

"Sometimes you have to take the leap,and build your wings on the way down."
Author: Kobi Yamada

Related articles:

  • Tattoo Removal For many, tattoos are a declaration of individuality and freedom. Personal artwork, portraits of lovers, friends, and family members are most popular.Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare ti...

  • Laser Hair Removal Costs There are many of us who are not sure if laser hair removal costs are too much for our budgets. There are some considerations to make before taking steps to going through this kind of procedure bu...

  • Laser Hair Removal Costs Laser cosmetics has become so powerful and well developed that it is almost routine for many people. Unfortunately, however, there are still many obstacles for laser hair removal treatment.Washing...

  • Tree Stump Removal Tree Stump RemovalMy stepfather is what you might call a country boy at heart. He has his own way of doing things, and there isnt much you can do to talk him out of it.Many day will pass without t...

  • King Size Mattress We all have one of those relatives that make life really, um, interesting. When my snippety sister-in-law poked her nosey nose into my bedroom, she exclaimed that there was no way that we had a ki...

No comments:

Post a Comment