For many young people nowadays, finding cheap apartments is every bit as important as finding a good job, and often much more difficult.
Author: Unknown
When I was working in San Francisco, cheap apartments were crucial to keeping a good quality of life. I was working downtown, and I didn't want to have a long commute. Being able to find a cheap apartment in the center of the city meant that I could work longer hours, get home earlier, and save money on gas and transportation.
Author: Melody Ross, Chatterbox Inc.
When I first got there, however, I couldn't find any cheap apartments. At first, I thought of moving out of town. I was contemplating living in Daly City, even though I knew that it would be a pretty difficult commute. In the end, however, I decided to move into a multiroom house with roommates. This was a mistake to say the least. My roommates were all inconsiderate, irresponsible, and borderline nuts. I knew that, sooner or later, I would have to move out of that place even if I couldn't find cheap apartments.
I suppose that I was pretty lucky. I found a great apartment for rent just in the nick of time. The tenant was moving out early, and he was looking for a subletter. He was offering a substantial discount, and I would be able to stay there for the rest of his lease. Although I only had about eight months to stay in the place, I knew that it would be enough time to get on my feet. Sure enough, by the time that lease ran out, I was making more money. I was able to afford a more expensive apartment and stay downtown.
Author: Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment