Since I was very young, I have always had an appreciation of charcoal drawings. I think that it started with an art class actually.
Author: Leo Buscaglia
Nonetheless, I stuck with charcoal drawing and pretty soon I was starting to get pretty good at it.
Author: Unknown
The problem was that my craft was outpacing my creativity. I could draw charcoal drawings with stunning realism and make it look easy, but I couldn't think of anything more to draw. I was having very few dreams my traditional source of inspiration and my life was rather bland. As a matter of fact, it seemed like I was drying up. I decided that I had to take a drastic measure. I bought all the charcoal pencils that I needed and locked myself up in my room for a solid week. I did not come out except to get Chinese takeout, and spent the rest of my time frantically composing charcoal sketches. By the end of the week, my floor was literally covered with charcoal drawings. I was exhausted, but I had done it. I had broken through whatever had been blocking my creativity. I can not tell you what a relief that was! Since that point, I have never had any shortage of inspiration.
Author: Unknown
Related articles:
- Charcoal Pencils Charcoal pencils may well be one of the oldest art forms. From what I have heard, ancient cave men have been drawing with charcoal since well before the dawn of civilization.She listened to her he...
- Mystery Books My love of mystery books started very early in life. I remember reading detective novels when I was growing up, as a matter of fact."When the first baby laughed for the first time,the laugh broke...
- Snow Boots When I was a kid, I absolutely hated wearing snow boots. I grew up in Michigan, and the winters were long and cold. There was always snow on the ground for several months every year, so having goo...
- King Size Mattress We all have one of those relatives that make life really, um, interesting. When my snippety sister-in-law poked her nosey nose into my bedroom, she exclaimed that there was no way that we had a ki...
- Hunting Guns When I used to go hunting with my dad, we paid very little attention to what hunting guns we used. We had had the same hunting rifles in the family for at least a generation or two, and we figured...
No comments:
Post a Comment