To say that my parents were not thrilled when I decided to go to cosmetology school is an understatement. They were absolutely mortified.
Author: Lyndia M. Child
What bothered me most about the reaction they had to my beauty schools decision was the venom in their eyes. It almost said to me that, if I were to go to beauty school, I would not be their son anymore. The weird thing is that they have stood by me through thick and thin.
Author: Out to Canaan by Jan Karon
It turns out the beauty schools did not work out quite as I had thought. Don't get me wrong I loved the work. The problem was that it was not something that I could see myself doing for 10 or 20 years. I finished the beauty school that I was attending, got a job, and used that to pay my way through college. Beauty schools were just a temporary phase after all. Nonetheless, I am glad that I made the decision that I did. If I had not tried out going to beauty schools, I never would have known if I was making my own decisions. I would not have been able to participate in college, because I would have assumed that I was only doing it because my parents wanted me to. By trying out beauty schools, however, I was being my own man.
Author: Christopher Robin
Related articles:
- Orlando Private Schools I did not want to move to Orlando Florida. Florida was the last place in the world, in fact, that I wanted to live, and Orlando was the last place in Florida that I would consider on my own.You ar...
- Acting Schools Going to acting schools is definitely not an uplifting or an encouraging experience. A lot of people take children acting classes when they are kids as a way to improve the chances of getting into...
- Top Schools When we moved into our current neighborhood, we did a lot of research to make sure that it was the right place for us. My wife and I were about to start our own family, and we wanted to make sure...
- Public Schools With all of the grief the public schools get, some of them actually do pretty well. I am the product of a public school education, and I feel there's no shame in that.A tree is known by its fruit,...
- Top Medical Schools From the time my goldfish died when I was five, I knew that I wanted to become a doctor to save lives. The distinction between doctor and veterinarian, fortunately, wasn't very clear to me at that...
No comments:
Post a Comment