I have always loved furniture. When I was little, I loved it for all the wrong reasons. I thought it was a lot of fun to climb on, jump on, and pretend to have adventures on.
Author: Elizabeth Bowen
When I grew up, however, I discovered a newfound appreciation for arm chairs. My dad had one special arm chair in his office, and none of us were ever allowed to sit in it. As a kid, this was a source of great resentment, but as I got older, I understood why. It was very posh and extremely comfortable. No matter what happens during the day, good arm chairs like the one that my dad owned will be a comfort at the end. You can sit back, put your feet up, and let all of the stress drain out of your body.
Author: George Carlin
Of course, my dad's taste in arm chairs was like his taste in everything: classic. He liked ornamental things, and sometimes would sacrifice comfort for class. I am a much more modern sort of guy, and I like contemporary chairs. All of the arm chairs that I have owned have a very functional aesthetic. In a recliner chair, that means soft leather and padding everywhere. No expense should be spared in the drive to make a more comfortable place to lounge around. Basically, you should look at a reclining chair and be struck by an immediate desire to sink into it. That is the sign of a good piece of furniture.
Me and my wife have very different preferences in furniture. For a while, in fact, we could not even agree on arm chairs. She loves upholstered armchairs, while I think that they must have a leather cover. We finally had to get separate chairs, one for each of us. At first, it seemed like a silly and expensive indulgence, but it was definitely worth it. After all, is there anything better than having the perfect place to rest at the end of a long day? I certainly can't think of anything. A recliner is one of the most worthwhile luxury items that money can buy!
Author: Winston Churchill
No comments:
Post a Comment