Monday, July 2, 2012

Anniversary Gift Baskets

My family is one of the most argumentative groups of people that you will ever meet. Don't get me wrong we don't get into actual angry fights.

Why pay a dollar for a bookmark? Why not use the dollar for a bookmark?
Author: Steven Spielberg
They are more like debates or heated discussions. When we raise our voices and get into it with each other, it can look pretty alarming to someone who has not seen us before. It looks like we are getting pretty angry, but it is really fun for us. You see, while most people like to agree with their friends on important things, we like to have different opinions. We can not agree on anything, and that is what brings us together.

This does tend to make holiday gift shopping a little bit tricky. For years, I had no idea what to get my sister and brother-in-law, my parents, or my aunt and uncle. Then I finally realized the one thing that everyone in the family likes: food. I bought anniversary gift baskets for my parents, my siblings, and my aunt and uncle, and everyone was happy.

Bibbity, Bobbity, BOO!" ~ Fairy Godmother - Cinderella
Author: disney
As a matter of fact, the gifts went over so well that I decided to get them each an anniversary gift basket the next year as well.

What is so great about anniversary gift baskets is that they almost always make perfect presents for the people who you can't shop for. Almost everyone likes to get a gourmet foods gift from time to time. It lets you indulge in something that you wouldn't normally have, whether it be fine wine, delicious summer sausage, or perfect sharp cheddar. As an added bonus, anniversary gift baskets come in that great, festive wrapping. I have always had a bit of a problem with presentation, but when I send mail order gifts, they take care of it for me. That way, the people I am buying presents for will know how much thought I put into them.

Of course, anniversary gift baskets aren't the only festive presents you can send in the mail. What makes a better get well gift than food? One time when I had the flu, my girlfriend was across the country and could not take care of me. Instead, she sent me a get well basket. It might sound strange, but it really did make me feel a whole lot better. It is always so nice to know that someone cares, and there is never a better time to indulge than when you are sick.

When life kicks you, make sure it kicks you forward.
Author: Unknown

Related articles:

  • Gift Baskets For Him gift baskets for himIt seems to be hard to buy for men. At least it is for me. There are only so many times I can buy golf clubs or fishing gear before I am looking for new ideas to get for the me...

  • Spa Gift Baskets There are so many holidays and special occasions. I often wonder if it was always like this. According to my parents, there have been plenty of nuances over the years.A mother is someone who dream...

  • Anniversary Gift Baskets Once a couple marries, they usually settle into the day-to-day routine quickly. Work, household chores and bill paying become the norm and the wedding slowly fades into memory."And what is as impo...

  • Dog Gift Baskets Ever wonder what a unique gift for someone who owns a pet might be? One of the nicest and most welcome items you can give to a friend who has just adopted a new puppy is dog gift baskets.Friendshi...

  • Muffin Baskets Accidents, illnesses and surgery can all leave a person feeling weak. Recuperation time is necessary when you are feeling under the weather.Asking the right questions, instead of asking for the ri...

No comments:

Post a Comment