In general, art of animals is not exactly a respected art form. Animal portraits, in fact, are looked down upon. When most people think about an animal portrait, they picture those dogs playing poker.
Author: karthick
I have to confess that I did not set out to be an animal portrait painter. Although I have always enjoyed drawing and painting animals, my aims were originally more artistic. However, animal portraits allow me to make ends meet, paying my bill well practicing my arts. For an artist, there is no greater goal. It is true that not every animal portrait that I paint is a masterpiece, because not every animal portrait that I paint is something that I want to paint.
Author: Unknown
Something that many people don't see is how much life there is behind the eyes of your average pet. This is what I try to capture in animal portraits. Often, people think of their pet animals although they are beloved pets as little more than objects of affection. Few people think of animals as people, and some people don't even think of them as quite alive. These are the misconceptions that I try to cure with my animal portraits. Animal pictures, and pictures in general, have a certain power to them. Even photography can really capture the imagination and make you see the humanity in eyes that you have never looked at closely before. That is the beauty of animal portraits.
I would go as far as saying that making a good animal portrait is more difficult than making a good oil painting of a person. You see, people have so many expectations when they look at animal portraits, and most of them are negative. Unless you can do something that really stands out and strikes them, they will see your animal portraits as clich boring, and dull. In order for them to look exciting, they have to really sparkle. That is my goal to make animal portraits that sparkle. If I can do that, I can do anything with my art.
Author: karthick
Related articles:
- Painted Portraits When I was a kid, I used to love going to the art museum. There were so many interesting things to look at, and I would spend hours and hours going over every artwork in detail.Born not from our f...
- Animal Science When I was growing up, we always kept pets. My parents were big believers in the virtue of having pet animals. Not only did they teach kids responsibility, but they also furnished companionship an...
- Animal Books Animal BooksWhen we are toddlers and just learning to read, we are invariably given animal books. This engages us and we are encouraged to construct sentences and spell correctly.Integrity is not...
- Adult Halloween Costume Ideas Adult Halloween Costume IdeasWhen Halloween approaches, you may be thinking more about your childs costume than your own. If you like Halloween as much as your kids do, there is no reason why you...
- Wedding Bridal Gowns The very fact that people regularly pass on wedding bridal gowns to the next generation tells you something about the tradition of weddings in our culture.A smile is an inexpensive way to change y...
No comments:
Post a Comment