There are times when I think people isolate themselves in their own little worlds. We go to work, come home, shop in neighborhood markets and associate with people that have similar believes and values that we have.
Author: nemo
I was so busy living in our small world that I did not realize that there is a group of amish people that live about sixty miles from us. One day my family was driving to see a distant relative. As we were driving we passed two buggies that had amish people in them.
Author: Unknown
When we arrive at the relatives home our children were anxious to share that they had seen amish people on the drive over. The relative told them that there is a large community of amish people that live quite close to them. They shared additional information about their life styles. This was very interesting to our children. We found out that there was a store in the near by town that sold the quilts and furniture that was made in the Amish community. After dinner we drove over to the store. There were hundreds of quilts on display. They were all hand done and involved intricate patterns. They were quite expensive. The person at the store told us that the money raised at the store was used to buy supplies that the community could not produce themselves.
I am sure that there are worries and issues living in such a closed strict community, but there is something very appealing to me about such a simple live style. It is remarkable that in the world of high technology in which we live there can be a group of people that lives amongst us that does not use electricity.
Author: Vincent Van Gogh
Related articles:
- Meeting People Online Meeting People OnlineWhen you first get online, it may be hard for you to jump into message boards and chat rooms. Meeting people online can be daunting, especially when you run into the bottom of...
- Usa People Search I have a confession to make. Recently, I have become addicted to USA people searches. It started off innocently enough. I wanted to do the USA people search to find an old friend of mine.A scrapbo...
- Loans For People With Bad Credit There are times in life when finances get tough. That mortgage, car payment, student loan, and various credit card bills can really come back at you full-force.As life goes on I become my ideas.Au...
- Offender Search Offender SearchFor anyone with children, one of the biggest fears is having someone take your child from you and hurt them. I know that before I was a parent I was always outraged by such stories,...
- Spider Repellent Have you ever noticed that everyone is afraid of something? Now I'm not saying it's something major, or even something realistic, but yet they are fearful of something.Always remember to "Bloom wh...
No comments:
Post a Comment