I have never been all that inventive with birthday themes and ideas. When it came time to send out my 40th birthday invitations, I had no reason to think things would be any different.
Author: unknown
Then, in the weeks before my birthday party, I had a little bit of a crisis. It seemed like time was passing me by without me even noticing. Every year seemed the same to me. Every birthday party seemed the same to me.
Author: Albert Camus
You may be surprised to hear this given my attitude towards celebrations, but I am a graphic designer. I love art and design of any kind, but I seldom apply it to my own life. This year, however, it would be different. My 40th birthday invitations were bright, colorful, and exciting. The theme was not the past but the future. I have always been a big science fiction fan, so in my 40th birthday invitations, I invited everyone to a sci-fi movie night. The theme was the party of the future. I admit that the 40th birthday invitations were a little bit cheesy, but they were pretty cool as well.
It turns out that my 40th birthday party went off without a hitch. I admit that some of my friends were just humoring me, but others were sincerely excited about it. My fellow sci-fi geeks, in particular, loved the 40th birthday invitations. One of them even kept his to put up on the mantelpiece. We drank whiskey and soda pop, and ate cheese puffs all night while watching the War of the Worlds, the Dawn of the Dead, and other science fiction and horror classics. It certainly was a night to remember!
Author: Joyce Maynard
Related articles:
- Dinosaur Birthday Party You may be wondering what theme would be best for you childs impending birthday celebration. There are tons of options out there but if you are having an eclectic group of kids at the event you ma...
- Horse Birthday Party I do not know why having a horse theme birthday party never occurred to me before. My daughter has always loved horses, so a horse birthday party is the natural choice.A child is a beam of sunligh...
- Invitations And Announcements My mother has always been a stickler for details. We lived on a farm and did not have a fancy house, yet every Sunday dinner was made fancy and special by mom.If it weren't for the fact that the T...
- Invitations And Announcements Invitations and announcements are crucial correspondences that people use from time to time. These notes are commonly placed on quality stationary or card stock paper.A dog teaches a boy fidelity,...
- 18th Birthday Parents often have a difficult time watching their children grow up. Birthdays come and go and before we know it our children are adults.I may done seen about everything, when I see an elephant fl...
No comments:
Post a Comment